Your future is in your hands…
Are you an experienced hydrogeologist? Would you relish the opportunity to be part of a company where you can work both autonomously, and as part of a wider professional team, where you will have genuine opportunities to develop your career further? Caulmert currently has an opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to work in the Company’s Environment Department.
Who will I be working with?
Caulmert Ltd is a fresh and dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy, delivering engineering, environmental and town planning services throughout the UK to an impressive client base including many blue-chip organisations. Founded in 2009, Caulmert is on track to meet an ambitious growth plan. Currently, the company employs people operating from regional offices located in Nottingham, Kent, Cheshire and North Wales, with our client-focused teams consistently delivering high quality services and support to the rapidly growing number of clients.
So, what will the role of Associate Hydrogeologist entail?
Reporting to and liaising with the Environment Director, you will be required to support the expansion of the business, and work on a variety of environmental projects. Your responsibilities and duties will include although not be limited to:
- Technical lead in the provision of hydrogeological support to waste management, contaminated land and engineering projects
- Undertake peer review of hydrogeological and contaminated land assessments.
- Lead or assist with the development of capability statements and marketing and the submission of pre-qualification questionnaires and expressions of interest.
- Communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team and staff members, contractors, regulators and clients.
- Providing technical guidance, constructive support and mentoring to junior staff and supporting their technical development.
- Development of new business and clients to win work including preparation of bids.
- Project management and technical delivery of a wide variety of projects including management of finances, and programme delivery.
- Developing own competence and maintain CPD necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
What will I need in order to be considered for this Associate Hydrogeologist vacancy?
- MSc qualified (or higher) in Hydrogeology or similar, or equivalent.
- Chartered or working towards chartership.
- Thorough understanding of UK environmental legislation including the environmental permitting regime in England and Wales.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical / statistical skills.
- Experience in analysing large datasets.
- In depth knowledge of groundwater quality and contaminant behaviour is essential
- Proficiency in the application of hydrogeological software and environmental modelling (LandSim, EA hydraulic containment models and probabilistic modelling software (e.g Crystal ball)).
- Professional experience and proven track record of consultancy work related to understanding of geology and hydrogeology within the waste sector.
- Full UK driving licence
Desirable experience: whilst not essential, please indicate if you have any of the following:
- Experience in contaminated ground risk assessments
- Ground gas / landfill gas risk assessments
- Surface water pollution risk assessments
- Hazardous waste classifications
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a friendly and professional team in a growing company where your ideas will be welcomed, and your efforts and results will be noticed and rewarded, with excellent opportunities for further career advancement.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure a workplace where people are treated with dignity and respect.
Contract Type: Permanent
How to apply
To apply, please forward a detailed CV and covering letter explaining what attracts you to the post to Donna Milne, HR Manager at InTec, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 4FG or email to DonnaMilne@caulmert.com. Applications will not be accepted from recruitment consultants.