Who will I be working with?
Caulmert Ltd is a fresh and dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy, delivering engineering, environmental and town planning services throughout the UK to an impressive client base including many blue-chip organisations. Founded in 2009, Caulmert is on track to meet an ambitious growth plan. Currently, the company employs people operating from regional offices located in Nottingham, Kent, Cheshire and North Wales, with our client-focused teams consistently delivering high quality services and support to the rapidly growing number of clients.
So, what will the role of Civil Engineering Technician entail?
An enthusiastic Civil Engineering Technician is required to support the expansion of the Civil and Structural Engineering team. This is a superb opportunity to work on a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects in different sectors including education, commercial, industrial, residential, health, rail and infrastructure, and energy and waste sector.
The flexibility of working from home or office based working or hybrid of both.
- Preparation of detailed Civil Engineering drawings using CAD / Civils 3d / AutoTrack
- Occasional visits to construction sites for surveys/inspections
- Liaising with other members of the design team (either internal or external)
- Continuing to develop and promote the BIM strategy within the business
- Mentoring and assisting junior staff
- Maintaining our technical CAD library
- Document transmittal to external parties
What will I need in order to be considered for this Civil Engineering Technician vacancy?
- 3 years minimum experience as a technician working on infrastructure/highways/ drainage/heavy civils projects.
- Minimum qualification HNC in civil engineering, GCSE English C, Maths C
- Some exposure to Civils 3d and Microdrainage
- Working towards EngTech with ICE
- Desire to develop own skills within a team of experienced Technicians and Engineers
- Strong attention to detail
- Ambition, with a positive approach to work
- Competent at using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Good understanding of road, levels, and drainage details / design.
- Experience in Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104
- UK driving license with own transport
- High level of written and spoken English
- Based in the UK
What will I receive in return?
- A happy, sociable place to work with a choice of offices in Nottingham, Kent, Cheshire and North Wales
- Competitive pay
- Investment in your professional development
- Private Medical Care
- Opportunity to buy Company shares
Additionally, you’ll be part of a friendly and professional team in a growing company which promotes agile working and where your ideas will be welcomed, and your efforts and results will be noticed and rewarded, with excellent opportunities for career progression.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure a workplace where people are treated with dignity and respect, and where trust and empowerment is encouraged.
Contract Type: Permanent
How to apply
To apply, please forward a detailed CV and covering letter explaining what attracts you to the post to Donna Milne, HR Manager at InTec, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 4FG or email to DonnaMilne@caulmert.com. Applications will not be accepted from recruitment consultants.