Your future is in your hands…
Are you a Geotechnical Engineer with a minimum of two years post graduation experience with proven consultancy experience, who wants to be much more than a number in a crowd? Would you relish the opportunity to be part of a company where you can work both autonomously, and as part of a wider professional team, where you will have genuine opportunities to develop your career further? Caulmert currently has an opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to work in the Company’s Geotechnical Team.
Who will I be working with?
Caulmert Ltd is a fresh and dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy, delivering town planning, engineering and environmental services throughout the UK to an impressive client base including many blue-chip organisations. Founded in 2009, Caulmert is on track to meet an ambitious growth plan. Currently, the company employs 47 colleagues operating from regional offices located in Nottingham, Kent, Cheshire and North Wales, with our client-focused teams consistently delivering high quality services and support to the rapidly growing number of clients.
So, what will the role of Geotechnical Engineer entail?
Reporting to and liaising with the Geotechnical Team Lead/Director, your remit will include:
- Undertaking projects or components of projects in the field and office, taking responsibility for own workload
- Managing subcontractors, supervising site works, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
- Preparing reports such as Desk Study Reports and GIRs and other project deliverables as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
- Participating in the resolution of project technical issues
- Collaborating with other engineers to ensure the integrity of the project delivery
- Ensure compliance of deliverables for which Caulmert have responsibility, including RAMS, fieldworks, testing, reports and specifications with project requirements
- Enhancing team’s reputation by delivering high quality work on time and budget
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients on projects
- Ensure that the Company’s policies are implemented successfully e.g. compliance with the Company QEMS, ISO14001 and ISO9001 etc
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your line manager
What will I need in order to be considered for this Geotechnical Engineer vacancy?
- Relevant degree in geology/geotechnical or civil engineering, or similar, MSc/MEng in Geotechnical Engineering desirable.
- Broad and in depth ground investigation experience gained from working in either a contracting or consultancy background
- Proven experience acting in an engineer role with experience of responsibility
- Post-graduate experience in most aspects of projects, including planning, commercial, and supervising, together with examples of applying standards and technical knowledge in projects
- Good communication skills
- Experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to ground investigation specialism markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management
- Excellent report writing skills to produce accurate deliverables
- Team player, self-starter and problem solver with a mature approach and ability to work as part of a larger operations team
- Flexible to travel for assignments
- Familiar with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc
- Preferably some working knowledge of slope stability software
- Numerate with competent and efficient report writing skills
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload with minimal supervision
- Client focused approach with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Full UK driving licence
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a friendly and professional team in a growing company where your ideas will be welcomed, and your efforts and results will be noticed and rewarded, with excellent opportunities for further career advancement.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure a workplace where people are treated with dignity and respect.
Location: Flexible – North-West Wales, North Wales or Altrincham
Contract Type: Permanent
How to apply
To apply, please forward a detailed CV and covering letter explaining what attracts you to the post to Donna Milne, HR Manager at InTec, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 4FG or email to DonnaMilne@caulmert.com. Applications will not be accepted from recruitment consultants.