Caulmert have been appointed by a main waste operator to provide site investigation, design, contract preparation, project management as well as CDMC and site supervision services for the development of a new landfill cell for non-hazardous waste as well as a new asbestos cell.
The design, contract preparation and award together with the CDMC duties are to be carried out prior to the commencement of the construction works in May 2012.
The works will include;
The assessment of the suitability of site derived materials for use in the construction works,
the design of surface and groundwater management systems,
the design of the engineered fill subgrade and the landfill liner system,
the design of the tie-in structures between adjacent landfill cells,
the preparation of a contract document and contract management,
undertaking the role of CDM Co-ordinator,
on site management, supervision and testing of the construction works by the CQA Inspector,
Submission of a validation report.
The construction works are likely to include;
• the excavation and/or treatment of fill material to prepare a formation for the engineering works,
• the installation of a bespoke backwall groundwater drainage scheme,
• the placement and compaction of engineered fill to form a subgrade for the engineered clay liner,
• the placement of engineered clay lining materials,
• the installation of a leachate drainage blanket and integral leachate collection pipework to the basal areas.