Lafarge Aggregates Limited
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Project Management
- CQA Supervision
- CDM Co-ordinator
Caulmert was appointed by Lafarge under a professional services contract as Project Manager, Designer and CDM Co-ordinator for the design and construction of a series of landfill development projects at the Cotesbach Landfill Site, Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
The projects undertaken at this site have included the development of 2 non-hazardous landfill cells (14 North and 14 South), 3 asbestos cells (13B, 13C and 13D), major earthworks schemes (involving more than 1.5Mm3 of material), as well as the capping and restoration of 2 areas totalling approximately 90,000m2.
The projects were taken from the outline design stage through to contract completion and included:
- Geotechnical ground investigations;
- Groundwater and surface water management;
- Ground modelling, design and specification of the earthworks, liner and capping systems, groundwater and surface water drainage as well as leachate and landfill gas infrastructure;
- Preparation of ICC forms of contract, tender administration and award;
- Contract management and administration including valuations and settling the final accounts:
- Full time CQA supervision, materials testing and submission of validation reports;
- CDM Co-ordinator role for the contracts.