Your future is in your hands…
Are you an experienced Environmental Scientist with proven consultancy experience, who wants to be much more than a number in a crowd? Would you relish the opportunity to be part of a company where you can work both autonomously, and as part of a wider professional team, where you will have genuine opportunities to develop your career further? Caulmert currently has an opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to work in the Company’s Environment Team.
Who will I be working with?
Caulmert Ltd is a fresh and dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy, delivering engineering, environmental and town planning services throughout the UK to an impressive client base including many blue-chip organisations. Founded in 2009, Caulmert is on track to meet an ambitious growth plan. Currently, the company employs people operating from regional offices located in Nottingham, Kent, Cheshire and North Wales, with our client-focused teams consistently delivering high quality services and support to the rapidly growing number of clients.
So, what will the role of Principal Environmental Scientist entail?
As a proactive Principal Environmental Scientist you will be required to work within the Environment Team on a variety of environmental projects primarily in waste management, waste recycling and landfill, mineral extraction, energy, geotechnical consulting and brownfield remediation.
Reporting to and liaising with the Environment Director, you will be required to support the expansion of the business and work on a variety of environmental projects. Your responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to;
- Preparation of Environmental Compliance Reports, Environmental Risk; Assessments, Environmental Management & Monitoring Plans;
- Environmental Monitoring;
- Data collation, manipulation and assessment;
- Organising site investigation/borehole installations, laboratory testing services;
- Project Management – programme work, proposal preparation, resource management, subcontractor management, client liaison;
- Providing technical guidance, constructive support and mentoring to junior staff and supporting their technical development;
- Review of reports prepared by other team members;
- Regulatory body liaison & correspondence – e.g. liaison with Natural Resources Wales / Environment Agency;
- Provide an interface for technical guidance and support to other in-house disciplines
- Health and safety management
What will I need to succeed?
To be considered for this role you will have the following experience, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Relevant degree in environmental sciences, or a related environmental discipline
- Good experience in environmental monitoring and reporting techniques;
- Data handling / management skills;
- Project management experience
- Numerate with competent and efficient report writing skills;
- A good understanding of relevant UK legislation
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload with minimal supervision;
- Client focused approach with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to supervise and manage junior staff assisting them in meeting their training and development objectives;
- Full UK driving licence.
What will I receive in return?
- A happy, sociable place to work with a choice of offices in Nottingham, Kent, Cheshire and North Wales
- Competitive pay
- Investment in your professional development
- Private Medical Care
- Opportunity to by Company shares
Additionally, you’ll be part of a friendly and professional team in a growing company which promotes agile working and where your ideas will be welcomed, and your efforts and results will be noticed and rewarded, with excellent opportunities for further career progression.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure a workplace where people are treated with dignity and respect, and where trust and empowerment is encouraged.
Location: North Wales / North West
Contract Type: Permanent
How to apply
To apply, please forward a detailed CV and covering letter explaining what attracts you to the post to Donna Milne, HR Manager at InTec, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 4FG or email to DonnaMilne@caulmert.com. Applications will not be accepted from recruitment consultants.