Who will I be working with?
Caulmert Ltd is a fresh and dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy, delivering engineering, environmental and town planning services throughout the UK to an impressive client base including many blue-chip organisations. Founded in 2009, Caulmert is on track to meet an ambitious growth plan. Currently, the company employs people operating from regional offices located in Nottingham, Kent, Cheshire and North Wales, with our client-focused teams consistently delivering high quality services and support to the rapidly growing number of clients.
So, what will the role of Principal Structural Engineer entail?
An enthusiastic Principal Structural Engineer is required to support the expansion of the Engineering team. This is a superb opportunity to work on a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects in different sectors including education, commercial, industrial, residential, health, rail and infrastructure, and energy and waste sector.
Making a significant contribution to the day-to-day preparation and delivery of technical design information, whilst enjoying the flexibility of working from home or office your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with other members of the design team (either internal or external)
- Liaising with contractors, clients, third party organisations and stakeholders, answering queries in relation to technical detailing
- Attendance at design, project progress, and client engagement meetings
- Structural design to all relevant standards and European Codes
- Producing preliminary design solutions and reviewing with clients as part of design strategy
- Producing detailed designs, calculations and specifications including GA and technical reviews
- Design in all forms of construction including steelwork, reinforced / precast concrete, masonry and timber
- Managing projects to cost, programme and sustainability criteria
- Supervising the BIM technicians on technical / construction details and undertaking QA reviews
- Mentoring and assisting junior staff
- Complying with designers’ duties under the CDM Regulations
- Selling, marketing and business development of existing clients and being alert to new leads
What will I need to succeed?
- Ambition, commitment and integrity
- Minimum BSc/BEng in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent
- At least 7 years post qualification experience in civil and structural engineering
- Chartered or near-chartered status with a relevant body (MICE or MIStructE)
- Detailed knowledge of structural design and detailing using all relevant UK and European codes of practice
- Knowledge of BREEAM, sustainability objectives and embodied carbon
- Good experience of structural analysis and design software
- Client focused approach with good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to secure new projects for the business and bid for other projects
- Confidence and ability in team and project management
- Ability to supervise and develop a team whilst working as part of a wider team
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of own work and that of others working for you
- Ability to take action and make decisions without close supervision
- Commercial ability
- UK driving license and own transport
- Competent at using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
What will I receive in return?
- A happy, sociable place to work with a choice of offices in Nottingham, Kent, Cheshire and North Wales
- Competitive pay
- Investment in your professional development
- Private Medical Care
- Opportunity to buy Company shares
Additionally, you’ll be part of a friendly and professional team in a growing company which promotes agile working and where your ideas will be welcomed, and your efforts and results will be noticed and rewarded, with excellent opportunities for career progression.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure a workplace where people are treated with dignity and respect, and where trust and empowerment is encouraged.
Contract Type: Permanent
How to apply
To apply, please forward a detailed CV and covering letter explaining what attracts you to the post to Donna Milne, HR Manager at InTec, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 4FG or email to DonnaMilne@caulmert.com. Applications will not be accepted from recruitment consultants.