Your future is in your hands…
Are you an experienced Environmental Permitting Consultant with proven consultancy experience, who wants to be much more than a number in a crowd? Would you relish the opportunity to be part of a company where you can work both autonomously, and as part of a wider professional team, where you will have genuine opportunities to develop your career further? Caulmert currently has an opportunity for an enthusiastic professional to work in the Company’s Environment Team.
Who will I be working with?
Caulmert Ltd is a fresh and dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy, delivering town planning, engineering and environmental services throughout the UK to an impressive client base including many blue-chip organisations. Founded in 2009, Caulmert is on track to meet an ambitious growth plan. Currently, the company employs 45 colleagues operating from regional offices located in Nottingham, Kent, Cheshire and North Wales, with our client-focused teams consistently delivering high quality services and support to the rapidly growing number of clients.
So, what will the role of Senior Environmental Permitting Consultant entail?
As a proactive Senior Environmental Permitting Consultant you will be required to work within the Environment Team on a variety of environmental permitting projects primarily in waste management, waste recycling, mineral extraction and energy. Your responsibilities and duties will include, although not be limited to;
- Production and management of permit applications primarily for waste management facilities and minerals developments including:
- Managing determination process
- Managing legislative issues for clients and maintaining an awareness of how legislation impacts projects
- Interpreting data and report writing.
- Communicating with clients and external parties to progress projects
What will I need in order to be considered for this Senior Environmental Permitting Consultant vacancy?
To be considered for this role you will have the following experience, skills, knowledge and attributes;
- Relevant degree in environmental sciences, or a related environmental discipline
- Thorough understanding of UK environmental legislation and the Environmental Permitting regime in England and Wales and regulatory regime in Scotland
- Proven skills in undertaking and assessing environmental permit applications
- Numerate with competent and efficient report writing skills
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in use of IT packages (including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Full UK driving licence.
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a friendly and professional team in a growing company where your ideas will be welcomed, and your efforts and results will be noticed and rewarded, with excellent opportunities for further career advancement.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure a workplace where people are treated with dignity and respect.
Contract Type: Permanent
How to apply
To apply, please forward a detailed CV and covering letter explaining what attracts you to the post to Donna Milne, HR Manager at InTec, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 4FG or email to DonnaMilne@caulmert.com. Applications will not be accepted from recruitment consultants.