Who will I be working with?
Caulmert Ltd is a fresh and dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy, delivering engineering, environmental and town planning services throughout the UK to an impressive client base including many blue-chip organisations. Founded in 2009, Caulmert is on track to meet an ambitious growth plan. Currently, the company employs people operating from regional offices located in Nottingham, Kent, Cheshire and North Wales, with our client-focused teams consistently delivering high quality services and support to the rapidly growing number of clients.
So, what will the role of Senior Planner / Principal Planner entail?
Caulmert is looking to appoint an experienced Senior Planner / Principal Planner to join our existing team of planning consultants. Caulmert works across an exciting variety of projects including residential, commercial, minerals / waste, tourism, leisure, employment, infrastructure, renewable energy and mixed-use schemes throughout the UK.
Ideally candidates would have experience of working in the private sector and have experience of existing client relationships; however we will also consider candidates from other backgrounds including public sector. Candidates should be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) and will be a Chartered member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
Caulmert is a wholly employee-owned business who offer great career opportunities and comprehensive support for your professional development. We offer an excellent remuneration and flexible benefits package including medical insurance and the opportunity to purchase shares.
We intend to continue operating a blended flexible working model which allows employees freedom and flexibility as to where and how they work which enables an excellent balance of personal, team and client requirements. We currently have office locations in North Wales, Altrincham, Nottingham and Kent which candidates could work from however remote working is available; we are happy to talk about flexible working options in more detail during the recruitment process.
Candidates would be expected to undertake the following duties / services;
- Liaison with clients, consultees, local planning authorities and specific design / project teams together with the wider Caulmert consultancy team consisting of planning, environmental, engineering and geo-environmental.
- Preparation and Submission of Planning Applications, Environmental Impact Assessments, Planning Appeals and Land Promotion material
- Management of multidisciplinary teams including the appointment and supervision of external sub consultants where appropriate.
- Appraise the feasibility and development potential of proposed development sites and provide written and verbal advice to clients.
- Undertake business development and attend business networking events.
What will I need to succeed?
- A relevant Honours Degree / Master’s Degree in Planning (or equivalent subject)
- Chartered Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI)
- At least 3 years of suitable Planning experience
- Robust skills in report writing and reviewing planning policy documentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strong understanding of UK wide planning legislation
- Business Development skills including existing client base
- Be self-motivated with a willingness to create and maintain relationships with clients, local authorities and external contacts.
- Commercial Awareness with the ability to work on own initiative.
- A full UK driving license
What will I receive in return?
- Competitive pay
- Investment in your professional development
- Private Medical Care
- Opportunity to buy Company shares
Additionally, you’ll be part of a friendly and professional team in a growing company which promotes agile working and where your ideas will be welcomed, and your efforts and results will be noticed and rewarded, with excellent opportunities for career progression.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure a workplace where people are treated with dignity and respect, and where trust and empowerment is encouraged.
Contract Type: Permanent
How to apply
To apply, please forward a detailed CV and covering letter explaining what attracts you to the post to Donna Milne, HR Manager at InTec, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 4FG or email to DonnaMilne@caulmert.com. Applications will not be accepted from recruitment consultants.