Who will I be working with?
Caulmert Ltd is a fresh and dynamic multi-disciplinary consultancy, delivering engineering, environmental and town planning services throughout the UK to an impressive client base including many blue-chip organisations. Founded in 2009, Caulmert is on track to meet an ambitious growth plan. Currently, the company employs people operating from regional offices located in Nottingham, Kent, Cheshire and North Wales, with our client-focused teams consistently delivering high quality services and support to the rapidly growing number of clients.
So, what will the role of Senior Structural Revit Technician entail?
An enthusiastic Senior Structural Revit Technician is required to support the expansion of the Digital Design and Modelling team. This is a superb opportunity to work on a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects in different sectors including education, commercial, industrial, residential, health, rail and infrastructure, and energy and waste sector.
Making a significant contribution to the day-to-day preparation and delivery of technical design information, whilst enjoying the flexibility of working from home or office your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with other members of the design team (either internal or external)
- Liaising with contractors, clients, third party organisations and stakeholders, answering queries in relation to technical detailing
- Continuing to develop and promote the BIM / Revit strategy within the business
- Structural detailing in steel, concrete, masonry and timber
- Structural detailing foundations / retaining structures and sub structures including reinforced concrete detailing and scheduling
- Visiting sites during construction works
- Liaising with the Design Engineers and co-ordinating the CAD / Revit detailing on each project
- Ensuring the quality procedures are adhered to and followed by the CAD / Revit team
- Supervising the CAD Technicians on technical / construction details and undertake QA reviews
- Mentoring and assisting junior staff
- Complying with designers duties under the CDM Regulations
What will I need to succeed?
- Ambition, commitment and integrity
- At least 8 years post qualification experience in structural engineering
- A minimum HNC civil engineering or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of structural detailing and construction techniques
- Working knowledge of relevant UK and European codes of practice
- Excellent experience of using REVIT and AutoCAD software
- Good experience of working in a BIM Level 2 environment / ISO 19650 environment
- Client focused approach with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- UK driving license and own transport
- Competent at using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
What will I receive in return?
- A happy, sociable place to work with a choice of offices in Nottingham, Kent, Cheshire and North Wales
- Competitive pay
- Investment in your professional development
- Private Medical Care
- Opportunity to buy Company shares
Additionally, you’ll be part of a friendly and professional team in a growing company which promotes agile working and where your ideas will be welcomed, and your efforts and results will be noticed and rewarded, with excellent opportunities for career progression.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure a workplace where people are treated with dignity and respect, and where trust and empowerment is encouraged.
Contract Type: Permanent
How to apply
To apply, please forward a detailed CV and covering letter explaining what attracts you to the post to Donna Milne, HR Manager at InTec, Parc Menai, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 4FG or email to DonnaMilne@caulmert.com. Applications will not be accepted from recruitment consultants.